Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Designs

We now offer custom enclosure design services! 

 

The first stage of the box design is to click right here and complete this google form.  

If I have any questions I will send you an e-mail, if not then I will send you an invoice.  I require 50% up front before I start the design. 

What do you get when you order a custom design?

A box designed for your needs, and plans based on your tools and skills. 


 

A Custom Designed Slot Port


Complete computer modeling, based on your specific subwoofer.

Before drawing up plans I model the box, including including the frequency response, the port airspeed velocity, and the cone excursion.  This will let us know if the box you want is the box you need.  Since there is no perfect box you will know the compromises that went into the design phase and the consequences of those compromises.  For those that want a no-compromises enclosure you need a dose of reality, or you need to find somebody else to design your enclosure.  

Complete plans with dimensions and a part list/cut list. 

You will get a complete set of drawings that includes multiple angles from multiple perspectives.  These drawings will include dimensions and measurements plus a part list/cut list that includes dimensions for each individual component of the enclosure. 

Dayton Audio Max-X 10" Subwoofer

Awesome!  How much do you charge?

Basic rectangular enclosures, under 1000 watts RMS total system power, start at only $50 bucks!  The prices for extras and add-ons can be found in the google form.

 

I am confused can you give me an example?

Sure!  Most people just need a box for a pair of 12's.  So if you want a basic rectangular enclosure with a slot port for a pair of 500 watt subwoofers it is only $50.  If the total RMS wattage for that pair of 12's exceeds 1000 watts that is an extra $25.  Why the extra charge?  Port airspeed velocity.  It takes extra time to model and design the port so your box does not chuff. 
 
 
Custom Enclosure for 4 Skar Audio 15" Drivers


That seems a bit high.

I get that.  We all have a budget that we need to stick to.  I also offer plans for generic enclosures as well as plans for several subwoofers that I have built over the years.  You can find them in my Teespring store.

 

Cool!  How do I place an order?

 

You just need to CLICK HERE and fill out the google form.


How do I pay you?

I accept US dollars via  PayPal.  I require half before I start on the design.  When the design is finished I will send you some overview images and performance plots from WinISD. Upon receipt of the final half I will send you the complete designs.


 

I just need help calculating my port tuning, can you do that?

Yes, I have some spreadsheet calculators that I make available to my $10 and up patrons over on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/DIYAudioGuy).  If you are not into Patreon just shoot me an e-mail.  I charge $25 for computer modeling.

Frequency Response Graph


How long does it take? 

The wait time will depend on my current backlog.  My goal is to deliver the final product within 2 weeks after I receive the first payment.  If you need it faster there is an additional $50 charge.  


Do you offer discounts?

No, and prices are non-negotiable.  There are several great people that offer designs, feel free to buy from them if you think my prices are to high.  
Custom Internal Bracing

Can I use your plans to build boxes for customers?

Yes, for commercial use there is a 10% royalty on the retail price of each individual enclosure that you build, or you can purchase a commercial use license for an additional $250 flat fee.  You are not allowed to copy, share, or re-sell the plans and I retain the full copyright and legal ownership of the designs, including the right to license the designs for commercial or private use.  Individuals (private use) are licensed to build enclosures for personal use only.  

Do you offer a money-back guarantee?

No.  During the design process my goal is to make sure that you are getting the exact enclosure that you want.  During that process you will be advised as to how your constraints will impact the performance of the final product.  You might, for example, need your enclosure to fit into a very small space.  That will limit your performance.  There are also to many unknowns for anybody to guarantee the final result.  Your box may have an air leak, your amp may be clipped, your crossovers and infrasonic filter might be set wrong, your subwoofer might by a piece of junk, your car may rattle.  The enclosure design is just one part of a complex system.  If you want a guarantee then consider purchasing all of your gear from a local shop and have them perform a complete install.  They can control these unknowns and provide a guarantee.  They will also charge through the nose for this.  


 

Comments

  1. I want a box for 6 skar audio 12vfx-d2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir. First love the YouTube videos very informational. Im having a problem designing an enclosure for two skar vxf12s d4. Ive tried winisd and added the driver but then the vent tab thats where im lost. Id love 4cbft^3 forward firing and center port tuned 28/29hz which ever is better. I listento all kinds of music but mainly rap. I have all the specs displacement everything just not real good when it comes to that software. Max dimensions in trunk i can go 14h × 44w × 25d. Im a disabled combat veteran living off my disability so money's tight but id be more than happy to pay you if you could please help me out. Ive asked tons and no one will help me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Livestream Q and A

Bass on a Budget